Off-the-field challenges addressed by pro and college athletes and coaches
As a journalist, Erin Powers covered pro and college sports, and became familiar with issues that occasionally arise for sports administrators, coaches and athletes. Powers MediaWorks LLC works with legal counsel and agents for athletes and coaches.
Recent projects include advising attorneys and agents responsible for:
- A major-college coach involved in litigation
- A major-college coach facing NCAA probation
- A pro football player that prevailed in litigation
- A witness in a federal probe of drug use in pro baseball
- Litigation related to a sports stadium
- A contract dispute involving a pro baseball player
In each of these matters, Powers MediaWorks LLC helped ensure that our clients were prepared for news coverage and that they received fair to favorable news coverage throughout the nation.